Steel, stars and Peppa at Alban Arena
- Credit: gumbao - Fotolia
UFO bring their latest album and current line-up to the Alban Arena next Tuesday, October 25.
The album is A Conspiracy Of Stars and along with the original members, Phil Mogg (vocals), Paul Raymond (keyboards, guitar) and Andy Parker (drums), the band features lead guitarist Vinnie Moore who has been a permanent member of the group since 2003 and American bassist Rob De Luca who joined the fold in 2012.
Lyrics and music for A Conspiracy Of Stars were written and composed in summer 2014 and the tour to support its launch stops off at the Arena at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £22.50, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Regular performers at the Arena, folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span, are currently touring with a new live show.
They come to the theatre next Thursday, October 27, with a line-up featuring old and new faces.
Maddy Prior leads the line-up and with the departure of fiddle player and long-standing member Peter Knight, the band has introduced young talent Jessie May Smart.
Steeleye will perform their classics along with songs from their album Wintersmith - in collaboration with Sir Terry Pratchett - which was released in 2014.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
Tickets are £20.50 and £22.50.
Peppa Pig, George and their friends are back at the Arena in a brand-new live stage show next Saturday and Sunday, October 29 and 30.
Performances are at 10am, 1pm and 4pm on both days in a show aimed at pre-schoolers which finds Peppa and George getting a surprise from Mummy and Daddy Pig.
Tickets for Peppa Pig’s Surprise are £16 for adults, £14 for children and a family ticket at £56.