Steel, stars and Peppa at Alban Arena
- Credit: gumbao - Fotolia
UFO bring their latest album and current line-up to the Alban Arena next Tuesday, October 25.
The album is A Conspiracy Of Stars and along with the original members, Phil Mogg (vocals), Paul Raymond (keyboards, guitar) and Andy Parker (drums), the band features lead guitarist Vinnie Moore who has been a permanent member of the group since 2003 and American bassist Rob De Luca who joined the fold in 2012.
Lyrics and music for A Conspiracy Of Stars were written and composed in summer 2014 and the tour to support its launch stops off at the Arena at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £22.50, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Regular performers at the Arena, folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span, are currently touring with a new live show.
They come to the theatre next Thursday, October 27, with a line-up featuring old and new faces.
You may also want to watch:
Maddy Prior leads the line-up and with the departure of fiddle player and long-standing member Peter Knight, the band has introduced young talent Jessie May Smart.
Steeleye will perform their classics along with songs from their album Wintersmith - in collaboration with Sir Terry Pratchett - which was released in 2014.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Tickets are £20.50 and £22.50.
Peppa Pig, George and their friends are back at the Arena in a brand-new live stage show next Saturday and Sunday, October 29 and 30.
Performances are at 10am, 1pm and 4pm on both days in a show aimed at pre-schoolers which finds Peppa and George getting a surprise from Mummy and Daddy Pig.
Tickets for Peppa Pig’s Surprise are £16 for adults, £14 for children and a family ticket at £56.