Stars to light up Markyate school concert
A CONCERT by candlelight featuring two eminent musicians is being performed next Sunday, December 6. Harpist Lucy Wakeford and flautist Susan Thomas are performing in the Great Hall at Beechwood Park School in Markyate at 5pm. It is a rare opportunity to
A CONCERT by candlelight featuring two eminent musicians is being performed next Sunday, December 6.
Harpist Lucy Wakeford and flautist Susan Thomas are performing in the Great Hall at Beechwood Park School in Markyate at 5pm.
It is a rare opportunity to hear the two acclaimed artistes who usually perform only in the world's major concert halls.
Lucy, one of the most outstanding harpists of her generation, has appeared as a concert soloist with many of the best-known orchestras and was appointed principal of the Philharmonia Orchestra in2002.
You may also want to watch:
Among her recordings are the Mozart Concerto for Flute and Harp with the Britten Sinfonia and Dohnanyi's Concertino with the English Sinfonia.
Susan has been playing the flute since she was 10 and has won many prizes throughout her career. A professor of flute at the Royal College of Music, she is also Sub Principal Flute with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Tickets cost �12 with concessions �7 and they can be obtained from the Music Department Office, Beechwood Park School, Markyate, Herts AL3 8AW with cheques made payable to the school. Further information can be obtained by calling 01582 840333 extension 4.