Stars coming out for St Albans theatre’s comedy night
NEW comedy club HOWLIN will be welcoming television presenter Anna Williamson, Ben Goffe and Rusty Goffe – one of the original Oompa Loompas – as audience guests next Sunday, February 4, at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
HOWLIN also welcomes a special appearance by Kev Orkian onto the stage and Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies!
The comedy club opened its doors for the first time earlier this month featuring Miles Crawford, Jim Tavare, Tony Cowards and Nick Wilty. February’s show has Simon Clayton, famously described by Loaded magazine as “a bottle of HP sauce, fat, brown and fruity” as host.
The first act, Eddy Brimson, has performed all around the world and he will be followed by Dave Thompson who has worked for numerous hit shows and very closely with Harry Hill. But he is best known for being Tinky Winky in the BBC’s hit children’s show Teletubbies.
HOWLIN’S third act of the night is Rich Morton who has built up a formidable reputation having completed several UK tours with Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Jo Brand, Lily Savage and Phill Jupitus. Rich, winner of the Time Out Comedy Awards, is also a regular on Channel 5.
You may also want to watch:
To wind up the evening, there will be a special appearance by Kev Orkian. Kev, who lives in Hertfordshire, has just finished his stint as Idle Jack in the UK’s biggest pantomine alongside Dame Edna Everage.
The all round-entertainer and concert pianist best known for his Armenian character The Foreigner said he was proud to be performing alongside some of the UK’s best comedians at HOWLIN.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
The comedy club has a monthly residency at the theatre and tickets are available at www.howlincomedyclub.com or call 0844 414 5234.