Stanley Dee at Farmer’s Boy, St Albans
FAMILY-run pub The Farmer’s Boy has Stanley Dee making their debut appearance tonight, Thursday August 9.
The 10-piece band is a Steely Dan tribute, which takes to the stage from about 8.30pm. Admission, as always, is free.
On Sunday, August 12, The Zipheads are playing from 8.30pm.
The pub, known for being keen on rugby, has more live music at its London Road premises next week. On Wednesday August 15 it hosts a jazz jam, where all singers, musicians and spectators are welcome.
According to publicity on the session, pub open jams are the “only place you can share your mojo, make mistakes and magic moments, and not be told to ‘keep it down’.”
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, August 16, Bernie Devine returns with The B.D. Blues Band.
For more details see www.farmersboy.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans