Stan Tracey to premiere The Flying Pig at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Damian Rafferty for flyglobalmusic.com
STAN Tracey will be performing the world premiere of his new work entitled The Flying Pig at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
The Flying Pig features six new compositions by St Albans-based Stan, commemorating his father’s contribution to World War I almost 100 years ago.
He recently learnt of his father’s activities in the Great War and felt compelled to visit the battlefield in France and, upon his return, commit his experience to music.
It will be performed by Stan, who has just received the parliamentary Services to Jazz Award, with Mark Armstrong, trumpet, Simon Allen, saxes, Andrew Cleyndert, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
The music marks the formation of the latest in the list of Stan’s groups in his 70th year as a professional musician.
You may also want to watch:
Clark Tracey, Stan’s son and music director of Herts Jazz which meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, said: “This is a fantastic privilege for everyone at Herts Jazz to have Stan’s new work premiered at the club.”
Tickets are £5 for students and under-21s, £13 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £16 on the door.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre