Stan Tracey Octet at Herts Jazz Club
PATRON of Herts Jazz and St Albans resident Stan Tracey returns next Sunday, October 7, with his octet to open the new season of the weekly club for jazz fans.
The first-ever recipient of a Jazz Ivor at the Novello Awards ceremony earlier this year, he performed at the Umbria Jazz Festival in July,
Still as strong as ever, Stan received glowing reviews for his performance of his classic Under Milk Wood suite at the Herts Jazz Festival recently.
His octet ensemble has been around since the early Seventies and the musicians have performed at Herts Jazz to great acclaim over the past year or so.
The line-up is Stan Tracey (piano), Mark Armstrong (trumpet), Sam Mayne (alto), Mornington Lockett (tenor sax), Simon Allen (tenor sax), Alistair White (trombone), Andrew Cleyndert (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums).
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, runs from 7.45pm to 10.30pm and tickets are �13 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts