Stan Tracey Octet at Herts Jazz Club
PATRON of Herts Jazz and St Albans resident Stan Tracey returns next Sunday, October 7, with his octet to open the new season of the weekly club for jazz fans.
The first-ever recipient of a Jazz Ivor at the Novello Awards ceremony earlier this year, he performed at the Umbria Jazz Festival in July,
Still as strong as ever, Stan received glowing reviews for his performance of his classic Under Milk Wood suite at the Herts Jazz Festival recently.
His octet ensemble has been around since the early Seventies and the musicians have performed at Herts Jazz to great acclaim over the past year or so.
The line-up is Stan Tracey (piano), Mark Armstrong (trumpet), Sam Mayne (alto), Mornington Lockett (tenor sax), Simon Allen (tenor sax), Alistair White (trombone), Andrew Cleyndert (bass) and Clark Tracey (drums).
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, runs from 7.45pm to 10.30pm and tickets are �13 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'