Stan Tracey at Herts Jazz Club
The Stan Tracey Quartet is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday – a return to a familiar setting for the world-renowned pianist who has been suffering some ill health lately.
Stan is a patron of the jazz club which meets from 7.30-10pm at the Terrace Suite, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
He will be appearing with Bobby Wellins, his musical partner for more than 50 years.
Stan’s career has spanned six decades of flourishing creativity. He has been a highly influential and stimulating musical voice, not only to his peers, but to each successive generation of musicians with whom he has worked.
Approaching 87, Stan is at the end of a celebratory 70th year in his profession in which he released The Flying Pig with his quintet and received the Parliamentary Award for Services to Jazz.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday the quartet will be playing some tunes from Stan’s classic Under Milk Wood as well as other originals and standards. Should Stan be unable to play for health reasons, Steve Melling will deputise.
Tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£10 members/£13 concessions/£14 full.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
On the door they are £5 students/£12 members/£15 concessions/£16 full.