Stan Tracey at Herts Jazz Club
The Stan Tracey Quartet is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday – a return to a familiar setting for the world-renowned pianist who has been suffering some ill health lately.
Stan is a patron of the jazz club which meets from 7.30-10pm at the Terrace Suite, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
He will be appearing with Bobby Wellins, his musical partner for more than 50 years.
Stan’s career has spanned six decades of flourishing creativity. He has been a highly influential and stimulating musical voice, not only to his peers, but to each successive generation of musicians with whom he has worked.
Approaching 87, Stan is at the end of a celebratory 70th year in his profession in which he released The Flying Pig with his quintet and received the Parliamentary Award for Services to Jazz.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday the quartet will be playing some tunes from Stan’s classic Under Milk Wood as well as other originals and standards. Should Stan be unable to play for health reasons, Steve Melling will deputise.
Tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£10 members/£13 concessions/£14 full.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
On the door they are £5 students/£12 members/£15 concessions/£16 full.