Stan Tracey at Herts Jazz Club
The Stan Tracey Quartet is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday – a return to a familiar setting for the world-renowned pianist who has been suffering some ill health lately.
Stan is a patron of the jazz club which meets from 7.30-10pm at the Terrace Suite, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
He will be appearing with Bobby Wellins, his musical partner for more than 50 years.
Stan’s career has spanned six decades of flourishing creativity. He has been a highly influential and stimulating musical voice, not only to his peers, but to each successive generation of musicians with whom he has worked.
Approaching 87, Stan is at the end of a celebratory 70th year in his profession in which he released The Flying Pig with his quintet and received the Parliamentary Award for Services to Jazz.
On Sunday the quartet will be playing some tunes from Stan’s classic Under Milk Wood as well as other originals and standards. Should Stan be unable to play for health reasons, Steve Melling will deputise.
Tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£10 members/£13 concessions/£14 full.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
On the door they are £5 students/£12 members/£15 concessions/£16 full.