Stan Tracey at Herts Jazz Club
PATRON of Herts Jazz Club, Stan Tracey, is performing there with trumpeter Martin Shaw in his trio this Sunday night. (25)
The capricious piano playing of the Godfather of British Jazz combines the percussive melody of Thelonious Monk with the lyricism of Ellington in a highly idiosyncratic style.
A master of harmony, Stan is that very rare artist who has sustained an output of highly exceptional music.
Martin Shaw has worked with many leading jazz artists including Cleo Laine, John Dankworth, Pete King, Dick Morrisey, Tim Garland and numerous big bands including the BBC Big Band.
He has recorded, performed live and toured extensively with various pop artists including Sting, Jamiroquai, Natalie Cole, Paul Young and the Brand New Heavies.
You may also want to watch:
Also playing will be Andrew Cleyndert on bass and Clark Tracey on drums.
The evening gets underway at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �13 online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward