Stan Tracey at Herts Jazz Club
PATRON of Herts Jazz Club, Stan Tracey, is performing there with trumpeter Martin Shaw in his trio this Sunday night. (25)
The capricious piano playing of the Godfather of British Jazz combines the percussive melody of Thelonious Monk with the lyricism of Ellington in a highly idiosyncratic style.
A master of harmony, Stan is that very rare artist who has sustained an output of highly exceptional music.
Martin Shaw has worked with many leading jazz artists including Cleo Laine, John Dankworth, Pete King, Dick Morrisey, Tim Garland and numerous big bands including the BBC Big Band.
He has recorded, performed live and toured extensively with various pop artists including Sting, Jamiroquai, Natalie Cole, Paul Young and the Brand New Heavies.
You may also want to watch:
Also playing will be Andrew Cleyndert on bass and Clark Tracey on drums.
The evening gets underway at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �13 online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions