Stan and Nikki join forces for Herts Jazz Club night
- Credit: Archant
UK jazz scene veteran for over 40 years, Stan Sulzmann, joins forces with friend and frequent collaborator Nikki Iles at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, January 10.
Stan, who plays saxes, has had a rich and varied career that has included playing with musicians as diverse as Kenny Wheeler, Larry Grenadier and Gwilym Simcock as well as a prolific output as bandleader.
After a musical apprenticeship in Wakefield Jazz Club, pianist Nikki won the John Dankworth Special Award at the BT British Jazz Awards in 1996 and recorded a duo CD, Treasure Trove, with Stan.
Stan and Nikki have recently released their new offering, Stardust, which celebrates their shared passion for songs.
The club meets from 7.30pm at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
Tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?