Stan and Nikki join forces for Herts Jazz Club night
- Credit: Archant
UK jazz scene veteran for over 40 years, Stan Sulzmann, joins forces with friend and frequent collaborator Nikki Iles at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, January 10.
Stan, who plays saxes, has had a rich and varied career that has included playing with musicians as diverse as Kenny Wheeler, Larry Grenadier and Gwilym Simcock as well as a prolific output as bandleader.
After a musical apprenticeship in Wakefield Jazz Club, pianist Nikki won the John Dankworth Special Award at the BT British Jazz Awards in 1996 and recorded a duo CD, Treasure Trove, with Stan.
Stan and Nikki have recently released their new offering, Stardust, which celebrates their shared passion for songs.
The club meets from 7.30pm at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
Tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead