St Albans’ Trestle drama school praised for standard of performance
- Credit: Archant
Packed audiences greeted the annual showcase of a local drama school celebrating its 16th anniversary.
Act Now! Performing Arts Academy put on the two-hour showcase featuring over 90 youngsters ranging from six to 21 years, at the Trestle Arts Base in St Albans.
The showcase featured dance numbers, songs and acting including a diverse range of performances of Shakespeare, street dance and musical theatre showstoppers.
Act Now! mum and professional actor, Sarah Whittuck, whose children joined last year, praised the high standard of the performances and added: “The whole ethos and feel of it was one of sheer joy and mutual support and was completely wonderful to see.”
Act Now! is an independent drama school and is resident at the Trestle Arts Base.
You may also want to watch:
Further information can be found at the website www.actnowacademy.co.uk or by calling 07920 855410.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public