St Albans theatre group holding auditions
INNOVATIVE St Albans-based theatre group Breakaway are looking for performers to take part in a production in St Albans next Spring.
Breakaway is seeking actors and actresses aged 18 and above to perform in the psychological thriller Roberto Zucco.
Open auditions are being held from 2.30pm to 5.30pm this Sunday (2) at Park Street Village Hall and from 8pm to 10pm next Tuesday, December 4, at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
It is not necessary to attend both auditions and there is no need to prepare anything in advance.
Bernard-Marie Koltes’ powerful play is based on a true story and follows the sinister adventure of a serial killer; a lost soul driven to commit terrible crimes without motive.
You may also want to watch:
Inspiration for the play came from seeing a wanted poster in the Paris Metro in which four completely different pictures of Zucco were shown and the production also takes inspiration from this.
There are a number of roles in the play for both male and female performers and the audition is open to all.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
A synopsis of the play or copy of the script is available on request to those interested in auditioning. Alternative audition slots may be arranged for those unable to make the two dates.
Anyone wanting to audition or who would like further details should contact Rob Lewis at email@example.com or on 07595 092482.