St Albans theatre group holding auditions
INNOVATIVE St Albans-based theatre group Breakaway are looking for performers to take part in a production in St Albans next Spring.
Breakaway is seeking actors and actresses aged 18 and above to perform in the psychological thriller Roberto Zucco.
Open auditions are being held from 2.30pm to 5.30pm this Sunday (2) at Park Street Village Hall and from 8pm to 10pm next Tuesday, December 4, at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
It is not necessary to attend both auditions and there is no need to prepare anything in advance.
Bernard-Marie Koltes’ powerful play is based on a true story and follows the sinister adventure of a serial killer; a lost soul driven to commit terrible crimes without motive.
You may also want to watch:
Inspiration for the play came from seeing a wanted poster in the Paris Metro in which four completely different pictures of Zucco were shown and the production also takes inspiration from this.
There are a number of roles in the play for both male and female performers and the audition is open to all.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
A synopsis of the play or copy of the script is available on request to those interested in auditioning. Alternative audition slots may be arranged for those unable to make the two dates.
Anyone wanting to audition or who would like further details should contact Rob Lewis at email@example.com or on 07595 092482.