St Albans theatre group holding auditions
INNOVATIVE St Albans-based theatre group Breakaway are looking for performers to take part in a production in St Albans next Spring.
Breakaway is seeking actors and actresses aged 18 and above to perform in the psychological thriller Roberto Zucco.
Open auditions are being held from 2.30pm to 5.30pm this Sunday (2) at Park Street Village Hall and from 8pm to 10pm next Tuesday, December 4, at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
It is not necessary to attend both auditions and there is no need to prepare anything in advance.
Bernard-Marie Koltes’ powerful play is based on a true story and follows the sinister adventure of a serial killer; a lost soul driven to commit terrible crimes without motive.
Inspiration for the play came from seeing a wanted poster in the Paris Metro in which four completely different pictures of Zucco were shown and the production also takes inspiration from this.
There are a number of roles in the play for both male and female performers and the audition is open to all.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
A synopsis of the play or copy of the script is available on request to those interested in auditioning. Alternative audition slots may be arranged for those unable to make the two dates.
Anyone wanting to audition or who would like further details should contact Rob Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07595 092482.