St Albans theatre group casting about for star roles
A ST Albans-based theatre company is holding auditions for two productions scheduled for next year. Breakaway is putting on Dennis Potter s Blue Remembered Hills and Ben Johson s Volpone – The Fox in 2010 and has roles available in each. There are five ma
A ST Albans-based theatre company is holding auditions for two productions scheduled for next year.
Breakaway is putting on Dennis Potter's Blue Remembered Hills and Ben Johson's Volpone - The Fox in 2010 and has roles available in each.
There are five male and two female roles in Blue Remembered Hills which is the tale of seven West Country children on one summer afternoon during World War II. Although all the characters are just seven years old they are played by adult actors.
A further eight main male roles and two main female roles are available in Volpone, a satire that takes no prisoners.
Volpone is a rich, self-indulgent man with a scheming self-satisfied servant called Mosca. Between them they increase Volpone's wealth by convincing various outrageous characters to offer Volpone expensive gifts in exchange for being made his heir.
Breakaway, which is also looking for a chorus of up to 10 dancing girls, several male sailors, a eunuch, hermaphrodite and a dwarf, is setting the production in England in 1930.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
Auditions for both plays will be held together, the first from 8pm to 10pm on Monday at LRERA (London Road Estate Residents Association) in Cell Barnes Lane, St Albans, and the second from 2pm to 4pm next Sunday, December 13, at Fleetville Community Centre in Royal Road, St Albans.
No audition preparation is necessary for speaking parts but some cast members in Volpone will need to sing or dance and are asked to prepare something to demonstrate their ability.
On both dates, the auditions will be open.