St Albans theatre company waiving the banner
THIEVES were not Taking Sides when they spotted a banner promoting the next Company of Ten production on the railings outside Westminster Lodge – they stole the whole thing. The cast arriving at the Abbey Theatre on Sunday for the dress rehearsal of Takin
THIEVES were not Taking Sides when they spotted a banner promoting the next Company of Ten production on the railings outside Westminster Lodge - they stole the whole thing.
The cast arriving at the Abbey Theatre on Sunday for the dress rehearsal of Taking Sides to find a space where their banner should have been.
The ties had all been carefully severed and the banner, which is a metre wide and over four metres long, had completely vanished.
Said David Stone, who is in charge of publicity for the Company of Ten, said: "This is a mystery but someone must have wanted it very much to have taken it down so carefully. It cost over �100 and we really need it back."
You may also want to watch:
Nevertheless the show will go on and Ronald Harwood's intense drama about Wilhelm Furtwangler, the greatest conductor of his generation, and his interrogation by an American major determined to discover what side he was on, opens at the Abbey Theatre on Friday and runs until January 30.
Tickets can be obtained by calling 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans