St Albans talent school hosts Easter showcase at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
The deadline is fast approaching for an Easter course which will culminate in a showcase at the Alban Arena.
Living the Dream is running the course from Tuesday, April 5, until Saturday, April 9, with its 10th Anniversary showcase on April 10.
The deadline for applications is March 18 and young people aged five to 18 are invited to apply and take part in the showcase which will feature
street dance, acting, musical theatre, contemporary dance, singing and more.
It will also include highlights from previous Living the Dream showcases, professional alumni and new pieces.
Rehearsals are for age groups five to seven years, seven to 11 years and 11 to 18 years.
Zoe Jackson, who set up Living the Dream in 2006, said: “I am excited to be celebrating Living the Dream’s 10th Anniversary with this showcase and helping to make a difference to young people’s lives through the arts by empowering them to believe in themselves and their dreams.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
“Your support will also help raise money for our charity, the Dream Foundation, which gives young people at a disadvantage access to the arts.”
Dream Foundation bursaries are available for the Easter showcase. For further information go to www.livingthedreamcompany.co.uk
Tickets for the finale are available from here or the Arena box office on 01727 844488.