St Albans Symphony Orchestra’s children’s concerts close to selling out
- Credit: SASO
Get your tickets now for St Albans Symphony Orchestra’s annual children’s concerts as they are close to selling out.
Hundreds of noisy kids with their mums and dads can look forward to a fun-packed introduction to classical music on Sunday, November 19 when SASO performs its annual concerts for children, at 2pm and 3.30pm, at St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane.
But families who have not yet booked their seats need to hurry.
Both concerts are close to being a sell-out success, with only a few tickets still available.
This year, conductor Tom Hammond will be re-telling the story of ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’ with help from The Three Bears Phantasy by English light music master Eric Coates.
You may also want to watch:
The score wittily transforms a musical rendering of ‘Who’s been sitting in my chair?’ into fairy-tale magic.
On a more serene note, the programme will include the beautiful Scene with Cranes by Sibelius, featuring young dancers from the Let’s Dance Academy in St Albans.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
Children can also look forward to hearing the bells, drums, trumpets and other excitement from the final pages of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture – stirring music that the orchestra recently performed to critical acclaim in St Albans Cathedral.
Another highlight of the concert will be the opportunity for children to try out the musicians’ instruments during the interval.
As ever, members of the orchestra will be putting on fancy dress for the occasion, and children are invited to do the same, if they would like to do so.
For remaining tickets, price £1 (children) and £5 (adults), contact the SASO ticket secretary on 07976 800445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some tickets for the 2pm performance may also still be available online from www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/412487 (booking fee applies).