St Albans Summer Showcase for Living the Dream
- Credit: Archant
Living the Dream are hosting this year’s Summer Showcase to be held at the SandPit Theatre in St Albans at the end of next month.
The performing arts company that was launched by Zoe Jackson in 2006 at the age of 16 to inspire and empower young people through the arts, is looking for five to 18 year olds who love to perform and would like to take part in the showcase.
As well as the school of performing arts, Living the Dream also has a dance company which has performed for the Queen and on ITV and the Dream Foundation which supports young people who can’t afford access to the arts.
Recently, it also launched a talent agency representing children through to professionals for work in the industry and already have children performing on CBBC and in the West End.
This year’s St Albans Mayor Geoff Harrison has selected the Dream Foundation as his chosen charity for the year. The charity will support local young people who are unable to afford access to the arts and will be providing a number of bursaries and scholarships for the summer showcases and classes in the autumn.
Young people interested in performing in the showcase will will get the chance to learn everything from street dance to acting, contemporary dance, comedy, jazz dance, singing and more.
Rehearsals run from Tuesday, August 26, to Friday, August 29, at Beaumont School in St Albans and the showcase is at 6pm on both Saturday, August 30, and Sunday, August 31. No experience is necessary.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 7 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 10 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
Zoe said: “We are proud to be running our Living the Dream Summer Showcase this year with the support of The Mayor of St Albans to enable more local young people to take part.”
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07982513590.