St Albans stage school scholarship winners receive certificates from Mayor
- Credit: Archant
Five lucky youngsters who are scholarship winners at a St Albans stage school received their certificates from the Mayor on Saturday. (9)
Cllr Salih Gaygusuz, Mayor of St Albans, presented Top Hat scholarship certificates to Beck Winter, seven, Jack Crawford, 12, Sam Stewart, eight, and Harvey Simmons, 11.
Tegan McBride, 12, was also awarded a scholarship.
The presentation was held at St Albans Girls School and principal of Top Hat, Warren Bacci, said: “At Top Hat we run our scholarship scheme every year as a way of giving talented children the opportunity to attend a stage school such as Top Hat, who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford it.
“We receive no funding from councils so we fund this all ourselves. Each year we give away 15 free places at our various Top Hat schools across Hertfordshire and each place is worth £900”.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor commented: “It was a privilege to meet these new winners and to attend Top Hat and meet all these budding new stars.”
Top Hat is accepting new students throughout January and will be working towards a summer show at the Alban Arena.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital