St Albans singer launches long-awaited debut album
RISING star Nick Stephenson will be holding a launch party for his long-awaited debut album next weekend.
In his 10 years of performing and writing songs he has played at various festivals and countless local gigs – but after two years of work he is about to release his first record, called Dream Logic, which features collaborations with a number of other St Albans artists.
Sound engineer Justin French, who has worked with the likes of Enter Shikari and Polly Poison, and producer and multi-intrumentalist Bill Johnson worked with Nick on the project, which he describes as “a striking album of versatility and melodic depth.”
Nick said the album has been particularly enhanced by his collaboration with cellist and close friend Michael Wigram, a highly sought-after classical musician. They have proved themselves to be a great writing team and are excited about performing together in the future.
Nick continued: “It really has been a wonderful experience working with Michael as he constantly comes up with so many unusual and daring ideas for my songs, it’s a real buzz collaborating with such a great player!”
You may also want to watch:
The much-anticipated album launch party will take place at The Horn in St Albans on Sunday, December 12, when nearly all the musicians from the album will be playing the tracks in a live hour-long performance.
There will also be support from songwriters Jack Hobbs and Richard Hignett, as well as backing from drummer Simon Hadwin and guitarist Joe Brooks who were members of Ground Dust – Nick’s former band which disbanded in February.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Original artwork for the album will be displayed, courtesy of artist and designer Samantha Davey.
Admission will be free and doors open at 8.00pm, but for a taste of the album visit www.myspace.com/nickstephensonmusic or email Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org to play his open mic night.