St Albans singer Kat Deal making her mark
- Credit: Archant
Young soul/jazz singer and spoken word poet Kat Deal is starting to make her mark in the world of music.
A former pupil of Beaumont School, St Albans, Kat is now a professional singer whose debut album Affirmation was released last November.
She began singing with St Albans Music Service Big Band and has sung with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. In addition, she also sings with STAJE, an independent adult jazz ensemble.
Kat has headlined venues such as The Pheasantry and performed on ITV’s Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – Christmas Special. She has completed three UK tours and a headline festival in Croatia with the CK Gospel Choir, who have performed with artists such as Mariah Carey and Beverley Knight.
She comes from a musical family and began singing in the church where her dad was a worship leader. At university she discovered a passion for directing gospel choirs, close harmony groups and bands.
You may also want to watch:
Kat now lives in London and as well as attending and singing with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. she has taught a number of of vocal groups there.
Further details about Kat can be found at www.katdeal.com
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans