St Albans singer Kat Deal making her mark
- Credit: Archant
Young soul/jazz singer and spoken word poet Kat Deal is starting to make her mark in the world of music.
A former pupil of Beaumont School, St Albans, Kat is now a professional singer whose debut album Affirmation was released last November.
She began singing with St Albans Music Service Big Band and has sung with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. In addition, she also sings with STAJE, an independent adult jazz ensemble.
Kat has headlined venues such as The Pheasantry and performed on ITV’s Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – Christmas Special. She has completed three UK tours and a headline festival in Croatia with the CK Gospel Choir, who have performed with artists such as Mariah Carey and Beverley Knight.
She comes from a musical family and began singing in the church where her dad was a worship leader. At university she discovered a passion for directing gospel choirs, close harmony groups and bands.
Kat now lives in London and as well as attending and singing with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. she has taught a number of of vocal groups there.
Further details about Kat can be found at www.katdeal.com
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close