St Albans singer Kat Deal making her mark
- Credit: Archant
Young soul/jazz singer and spoken word poet Kat Deal is starting to make her mark in the world of music.
A former pupil of Beaumont School, St Albans, Kat is now a professional singer whose debut album Affirmation was released last November.
She began singing with St Albans Music Service Big Band and has sung with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. In addition, she also sings with STAJE, an independent adult jazz ensemble.
Kat has headlined venues such as The Pheasantry and performed on ITV’s Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – Christmas Special. She has completed three UK tours and a headline festival in Croatia with the CK Gospel Choir, who have performed with artists such as Mariah Carey and Beverley Knight.
She comes from a musical family and began singing in the church where her dad was a worship leader. At university she discovered a passion for directing gospel choirs, close harmony groups and bands.
You may also want to watch:
Kat now lives in London and as well as attending and singing with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. she has taught a number of of vocal groups there.
Further details about Kat can be found at www.katdeal.com
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans