St Albans set to sparkle with Christmas lights switch on
FESTIVE sparkle will illuminate St Albans on Sunday when a day of seasonal entertainment culminates in the Christmas lights switch on.
A Christmas market featuring stalls selling gifts and decorations will be held between 10am to 5.30pm and a funfair for children will be laid on at midday as part of the day’s activities which have been organised by St Albans district council.
From 1pm visitors will also be treated to a stage show hosted by Heart radio, with performances from ElVince, Swanvesta Social Club, St Albans Rock Choir, St Albans Dance Academy and the Top Hat Stage and Screen School.
Father Christmas will also make an appearance, as well as stars from the Alban Arena’s Peter Pan panto including TV presenters Paul Hendy and Katy Ashworth, and radio personality Tank Montana.
The lights will be switched on at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Sheila Burton, portfolio holder for culture and heritage at the district council, said: “The Christmas lights switch on in St Albans always draws a crowd and produces a positive community spirit and great atmosphere.
“The dazzling lights signal the beginning of the festive season and it is an event the whole city looks forward to each year. There will be a long list of performers and activities in the city centre throughout the day and I hope residents come along and enjoy the event.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years