St Albans schools get ready to do battle
PUPILS at a St Albans school are inviting bands from all schools in the area to take part in a Battle of the Bands competition. The charity event to be held at The Sandpit Theatre, Sandringham School, on July 14, will raise money for Help for Heroes which
PUPILS at a St Albans school are inviting bands from all schools in the area to take part in a Battle of the Bands competition.
The charity event to be held at The Sandpit Theatre, Sandringham School, on July 14, will raise money for Help for Heroes which supports wounded servicemen and women.
Bands will have to pay a �10 entry fee but the winner will take it all. Tickets to see the gig cost �5 for adults and �3 for children.
Year 10 pupils at Francis Bacon School in Drakes Drive, who organised the competition, hope a celebrity singer and X-Factor judge will oversee the competition alongside Major Phil Packer.
You may also want to watch:
Major Packer, a paraplegic, suffered a spinal cord injury in a rocket attack in Iraq in 2008. Since then he has dedicated his life to raising money for charities and seeking opportunities for young disabled people in sport. He managed to raise �1million for Help the Heroes, of which he is now a patron, through unwavering promotion and campaigning.
Any local bands who are interested in entering the competition should contact Francis Bacon School on 01727 859382.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Tickets to the Battle of the Bands competition are available from The Sandpit Theatre box office on 01727 370067 or online at www.sandpittheatre.co.uk.