St Albans schoolgirl hosts musical variety show in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year old girl whose five family members were struck with cancer has come up with a fun way to raise money to help others with the disease.
Elouise Wathen, who attends Beaumont School, St Albans, is putting on a musical variety show and children’s musical workshops in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
She hopes that ‘Let Us Entertain You’ will drum up £5,000 for the charity.
Her grandmother Lesley Gordon, who is involved with local amateur dramatics, said: “We are really proud that Elouise came up with this idea on her own and is leading all the organisation. It will be a great event for a very supportive cause so I hope people will support it by coming to see the show or making a donation.
“She suggested doing something to support Macmillan because already five of our immediate family have been struck by cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
The show on Saturday, May 28, is set to feature at least 15 acts, from 1940s nostalgia and songs from musicals, pop songs, dances and comedy sketches. Performances at the Abbey Theatre, at Westminster Lodge, St Albans, are at 3pm and 7.30pm and tickets are £12.50 and £10 (under 12s).
Three workshops for children will be held - by Dinky Dancers for preschoolers, in musical theatre for eight to 12-year olds and there’s a cheerleading class for children aged between six and 12 years. All workshops cost £10 each and lead to a performance for parents.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans