St Albans schoolboy’s opening night debut as young Simon Cowell
- Credit: Getty Images
Not many people can draw comparisons between themselves and Simon Cowell, let alone anyone not yet a teenager.
But a St Albans schoolboy now has reason to compare himself to the media mogul after playing a 12-year-old version of him in new stage smash I Can’t Sing: The X Factor Musical at the London Palladium.
Fin Banks wowed a star-studded audience on the opening night of the Harry Hill-written musical, including Jennifer Saunders, Andrew Lloyd Webber and the X-Factor creator himself.
His opening number, called If That’s Not Entertainment, tells of how a young Simon plots to take over the world of entertainment with his idea for a now infamous talent show.
The fledgling star, of Verulam secondary school, said: “This is an amazing show and I can’t believe I am a part of it.
You may also want to watch:
“Harry Hill is brilliant and really friendly and so are the cast.
“The show is the funniest thing I have seen.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
“My opening number is pretty cool too. The audiences have loved it so far and I am really enjoying every minute.”
Warren Bacci, director of Fin’s St Albans-based talent agency Top Talent said: “The show has got fantastic reviews and we are very proud of his achievements and cannot wait to see him in it.”