St Albans recital series for New School of Organ Studies
A SERIES of short recitals on a variety of instruments will be given by students and friends of the St Albans branch of the New School of Organ Studies on Saturday. The annual recital day is to raise funds to support student fees and is being held from 11
A SERIES of short recitals on a variety of instruments will be given by students and friends of the St Albans branch of the New School of Organ Studies on Saturday.
The annual recital day is to raise funds to support student fees and is being held from 11am to 3pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
The school is a registered charity and was set up to encourage anyone to learn to play the organ.
Fees are kept at a manageable level for each student by support received from fundraising activities including the Tuesday lunchtime recitals at Marlborough Road Church.
You may also want to watch:
Students of all ages, abilities and experience find they are able to build confidence by mastering a musical instrument, particularly one as challenging as the organ.
Refreshments will be served throughout the day, enabling anyone to drop in for as long or short a time as they wish. Donations would be gratefully received and more information is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01727 865979 or visiting the website www.nsos.org.uk
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans