St Albans pub landlord joins in with Morris Men
- Credit: Archant
Pub landlord Andrew Meredith is more used to pulling pints than putting his best foot forward.
But he joined St Albans Morris Men when they danced at the White Hart Tap in Keyfield Terrace, St Albans, to show support for the tradition and help raise money for charity.
The morris men frequent the pub post-practice during the winter months and have been dancing there as part of the wassail for many years.
Their numbers have been dwindling of late and they are keen to get new members to continue the tradition. Andrew said: “With this in mind I decided to show some support for them and join in with their annual dancing at the White Hart Tap, for a bit of fun as well as to show some support from the pub as a fellow British tradition.
“The evening went off fantastically and generated a lot of support in the pub as well as interest on social media via our Facebook page. We had over 1,000 hits on the morris dancing post compared to a usual average of about 200.”
You may also want to watch:
Charity fundraising on the night resulted in £100 being donated to the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district