St Albans pub gets thank you for the music
THE HORN has reason to blow its own trumpet again having reached the finals of the Great British Pub Awards. The music pub in Alma Road, St Albans, is in with a chance of taking the national title of Best Live Music Pub in the awards sponsored by the trad
THE HORN has reason to blow its own trumpet again having reached the finals of the Great British Pub Awards.
The music pub in Alma Road, St Albans, is in with a chance of taking the national title of Best Live Music Pub in the awards sponsored by the trade paper, the Morning Advertiser.
Last year the pub won the UK Music Pub of the Year contest run by The Publican Awards 2008.
As well as reaching the final on September 9, The Horn has also been named Best Live Music Pub in the South-East region. It will now be up against seven other pubs in the country to take the overall title.
You may also want to watch:
The Horn's music promoter Hansi Koppe said: "It's a great honour to reach the final and a testament to all our hard work. It's been a team effort from bar staff, sound engineers, security and ourselves.
"We'd like to thank all our customers, artists and promoters for their ongoing support, and we hope The Horn continues to be an important part of the local music scene for many years to come"
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The Horn is looking for local original bands to enter Battle of the Bands 15 and any that are interested are invited to call Hansi on 01727 844627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org