St Albans pub gets thank you for the music
THE HORN has reason to blow its own trumpet again having reached the finals of the Great British Pub Awards. The music pub in Alma Road, St Albans, is in with a chance of taking the national title of Best Live Music Pub in the awards sponsored by the trad
THE HORN has reason to blow its own trumpet again having reached the finals of the Great British Pub Awards.
The music pub in Alma Road, St Albans, is in with a chance of taking the national title of Best Live Music Pub in the awards sponsored by the trade paper, the Morning Advertiser.
Last year the pub won the UK Music Pub of the Year contest run by The Publican Awards 2008.
As well as reaching the final on September 9, The Horn has also been named Best Live Music Pub in the South-East region. It will now be up against seven other pubs in the country to take the overall title.
You may also want to watch:
The Horn's music promoter Hansi Koppe said: "It's a great honour to reach the final and a testament to all our hard work. It's been a team effort from bar staff, sound engineers, security and ourselves.
"We'd like to thank all our customers, artists and promoters for their ongoing support, and we hope The Horn continues to be an important part of the local music scene for many years to come"
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
The Horn is looking for local original bands to enter Battle of the Bands 15 and any that are interested are invited to call Hansi on 01727 844627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org