Cinderella pantomime cast announced for St Albans
- Credit: Alban Arena
More cast members have been announced for this year’s St Albans pantomime Cinderella.
Following Thursday’s announcement that former S Club 7 singer Rachel Stevens will play the Fairy Godmother at The Alban Arena this Christmas, the venue has revealed more of this year’s 2018 pantomime cast.
St Albans panto favourite Ian Kirkby will return to the Arena this winter following his memorable performance as PC Pongo in last year’s production of Aladdin, for which he was nominated for a British Pantomime Awards gong.
Having appeared on TV in Dick & Dom In Da Bungalow, Ian will play Baron Hardup in panto Cinderella.
And the festive show will see Ian once again team up with comedy buddy Bob Golding, who will swap dresses for trousers this year by playing Dandini.
You may also want to watch:
Jemma Carlisle will also return to The Alban Arena panto after a few years away to play the title role of Cinderella.
She appeared in Jack and the Beanstalk in St Albans with both Ian Kirkby and Bob Golding back in 2014.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
Jemma played the title role in Sleeping Beauty at Dunstable’s Grove Theatre last year.
The Ugly Sisters at the Alban Arena will be played by Aaron Alexander and Hugh O’Donnell.
CBeebies favourite Mr Bloom – real name Ben Faulks – has also been confirmed as playing Buttons in the panto.
The St Albans pantomime will run from Thursday, December 6, 2018 to Sunday, January 6, 2019.
Tickets for the show are selling fast.
• To book tickets for the show, visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.