St Albans organist to give concert at Ashridge College
ST ALBANS-based organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be performing a recital at the chapel at Ashridge College on Saturday.
She will be playing music by composers including J.S.Bach, Samuel Wesley and Herbert Hills in the concert at Ashridge near Berkhamsted which starts at 3pm.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music and gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists. As a church organist she is currently director of music at Enfield Parish Church and is a regular recitalist both in St Albans and further afield.
In 2006 she performed the Eighteen chorale preludes by Bach on the Harrison and Harrison organ in St Albans Abbey to raise funds for the Abbey Girls Choir.
She also teaches piano and is rehearsal accompanist for St Albans Bach Choir, Luton Choral Society and the Guildford Philharmonic Choir.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style