St Albans organist to give concert at Ashridge College
ST ALBANS-based organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be performing a recital at the chapel at Ashridge College on Saturday.
She will be playing music by composers including J.S.Bach, Samuel Wesley and Herbert Hills in the concert at Ashridge near Berkhamsted which starts at 3pm.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music and gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists. As a church organist she is currently director of music at Enfield Parish Church and is a regular recitalist both in St Albans and further afield.
In 2006 she performed the Eighteen chorale preludes by Bach on the Harrison and Harrison organ in St Albans Abbey to raise funds for the Abbey Girls Choir.
She also teaches piano and is rehearsal accompanist for St Albans Bach Choir, Luton Choral Society and the Guildford Philharmonic Choir.
Admission to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023