St Albans organist to give concert at Ashridge College
ST ALBANS-based organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be performing a recital at the chapel at Ashridge College on Saturday.
She will be playing music by composers including J.S.Bach, Samuel Wesley and Herbert Hills in the concert at Ashridge near Berkhamsted which starts at 3pm.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music and gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists. As a church organist she is currently director of music at Enfield Parish Church and is a regular recitalist both in St Albans and further afield.
In 2006 she performed the Eighteen chorale preludes by Bach on the Harrison and Harrison organ in St Albans Abbey to raise funds for the Abbey Girls Choir.
She also teaches piano and is rehearsal accompanist for St Albans Bach Choir, Luton Choral Society and the Guildford Philharmonic Choir.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters