Vintage afternoon tea a huge success at St Albans musical theatre
- Credit: St Albans Organ Theatre
Visitors to a St Albans musical theatre enjoyed a wonderful vintage afternoon tea event.
As part of the St Albans Food and Drink Festival, the St Albans Organ Theatre held one of its famous vintage afternoon tea events on Sunday, October 1.
Tickets were sold out for this popular event and guests enjoyed the delicious sandwiches and cakes served by SerendepiTea, whilst listening to some of the quieter musical instruments in the collection.
Towards the end of the afternoon some of the larger dance organs were demonstrated, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience in this unique venue which really is a hidden gem in St Albans.
The event helped towards raising funds to keep the Camp Road venue open to all and to continue the ethos set by its original owner, Charles Hart, who always used to invite the community for tea every Sunday to share the enjoyment of these instruments.
You may also want to watch:
Concerts are run once per month and Musical Sunday afternoons run every second Sunday of the month from March to November.
Special events are organised throughout the year, including the vintage afternoon teas, and the venue is also available for private hire and group bookings.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit www.stalbansorgantheatre.org.uk
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall