St Albans organ theatre hosts two shows for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A feast of Christmas music awaits visitors to St Albans Organ Theatre this Saturday (6) which is hosting two Christmas concerts.
The matinee and evening performances at the theatre in Camp Road feature international concert star and recording theatre organist Nicholas Martin.
He began studying piano when he was nine but switched to the organ two years later when he visited Blackpool and heard the Tower Ballroom Wurlitzer – one of the most famous and widely heard theatre pipe organs in the world – thanks to Reginald Dixon who was resident there for 40 years from 1930.
Since his first visit to Blackpool Tower Ballroom, Nicholas has spent several summer seasons playing there and has presented sell-out concerts in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and throughout Europe and the UK.
The concerts start at 2.30pm and 7.30pm and ticket prices are adults £10 and children 11 and under £5.
You may also want to watch:
Although some may be available at the door on the day, tickets can be reserved in advance via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information is available via www.stalbansorgantheatre.org.uk or by telephoning 03003 65 65 65.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works