St Albans Operatic Society to perform Hot Mikado
THE cast of the next production by St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) took to the streets on Saturday to promote their forthcoming production of Hot Mikado.
They set off from London Colney in the morning moving through St Albans, Redbourn and Harpenden to publicise the show which injects the original Gilbert and Sullivan Mikado with jazz, hot gospel, blues and rock.
It is the follow up to SAOS’s NODA award-winning production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Hot Mikado is being performed at the Alban Arena between May 10 and 14 and tickets can be obtained from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
n SAOS members are hard at work on Hot Mikado but the operatic society is also looking ahead to the next production of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
You may also want to watch:
Set in the 1920s, it is a dance-heavy show with a high-energy, roaring twenties flair, made famous by the Julie Andrews film.
SAOS is looking for trained dancers, aged 16 and above, both male and female, who are strong in both jazz and tap.
- 1 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
Joe Hames, publicity manager for SAOS, said: “Although we are bursting at the seams with eager talent, we are in need of additional auditionees that can dance jazz and tap – particularly men. They will be in good hands with our professional choreographer Penny Joyner.”
Anyone interested should contact membership secretary Rachael Timberlake on 07923 828300.