St Albans Operatic Society to perform Hot Mikado
THE cast of the next production by St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) took to the streets on Saturday to promote their forthcoming production of Hot Mikado.
They set off from London Colney in the morning moving through St Albans, Redbourn and Harpenden to publicise the show which injects the original Gilbert and Sullivan Mikado with jazz, hot gospel, blues and rock.
It is the follow up to SAOS’s NODA award-winning production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Hot Mikado is being performed at the Alban Arena between May 10 and 14 and tickets can be obtained from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
n SAOS members are hard at work on Hot Mikado but the operatic society is also looking ahead to the next production of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
You may also want to watch:
Set in the 1920s, it is a dance-heavy show with a high-energy, roaring twenties flair, made famous by the Julie Andrews film.
SAOS is looking for trained dancers, aged 16 and above, both male and female, who are strong in both jazz and tap.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
Joe Hames, publicity manager for SAOS, said: “Although we are bursting at the seams with eager talent, we are in need of additional auditionees that can dance jazz and tap – particularly men. They will be in good hands with our professional choreographer Penny Joyner.”
Anyone interested should contact membership secretary Rachael Timberlake on 07923 828300.