St Albans musicians get in tune with training programme
A NEW training programme is being launched for musicians to help them develop new skills and revenue streams.
Musicians from any genre stand to benefit from the new programme that is being developed by St Albans Council in conjunction with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestras Live and Herts county Council.
It aims to give them first-hand experience of leading workshops and equip them with business and marketing skills to increase their earning power.
The training programme will give participating artists the skills and opportunity to lead a community or school-based project with artists from other art forms in 2011.
Before putting their talents to the test, the artists will be invited to attend a variety of sessions on topics such as marketing, applying for funding and structuring workshops as well as having the opportunity to work directly with RPO resound – the community and education programme at the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
The project will culminate next summer with a concert showcasing the results of all the community projects and a performance from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. The aim is to include not only music but poetry, film, dance, rapping and any other skills that the new workshop leaders will have brought to the programme.
Artists who live, work or study in the district and are aged 16 or above can apply to join the programme. To find out more contact Jo Askham on 01727 827667 or email her at email@example.com
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire