St Albans museum's alternative Christmas
BAR Humbug, the alternative seasonal grotto which offers a respite from Christmas, is opening from today (18) until December 23 at the Museum of St Albans. It will be open every day from 2pm to 5pm except for Sunday and will feature works from artists suc
BAR Humbug, the alternative seasonal grotto which offers a respite from Christmas, is opening from today (18) until December 23 at the Museum of St Albans.
It will be open every day from 2pm to 5pm except for Sunday and will feature works from artists such as Martin Eggleton and performances daily from a range of local acts.
The programme of events will kick off with a circus skills workshop from 3.30pm tomorrow. Aimed at youngsters from the age of 10, it will include juggling, plate spinning and Diablo.
On Saturday the Ver Poets, performance poet Vinnie Gibbons and acoustic singer/songwriter Nick Stephenson will be performing in the city centre next to Barclays Bank.
You may also want to watch:
That will be accompanied by a poetry-writing workshop at Bar Humbug from 3.30pm.
Other highlights will include an ensemble percussion workshop from 3.30pm on Monday, DJing from the Utter Rap crew on Tuesday and Music Hall-style Christmas songs by Allcock and Brown on Wednesday.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
To reserve a place on the workshops contact Melissa or Grae at email@example.com, call 01727 827667 or drop in on the day.
Mulled wine and cookies will be on offer at Bar Humbug during the opening period.