St Albans museum's alternative Christmas
BAR Humbug, the alternative seasonal grotto which offers a respite from Christmas, is opening from today (18) until December 23 at the Museum of St Albans. It will be open every day from 2pm to 5pm except for Sunday and will feature works from artists suc
BAR Humbug, the alternative seasonal grotto which offers a respite from Christmas, is opening from today (18) until December 23 at the Museum of St Albans.
It will be open every day from 2pm to 5pm except for Sunday and will feature works from artists such as Martin Eggleton and performances daily from a range of local acts.
The programme of events will kick off with a circus skills workshop from 3.30pm tomorrow. Aimed at youngsters from the age of 10, it will include juggling, plate spinning and Diablo.
On Saturday the Ver Poets, performance poet Vinnie Gibbons and acoustic singer/songwriter Nick Stephenson will be performing in the city centre next to Barclays Bank.
You may also want to watch:
That will be accompanied by a poetry-writing workshop at Bar Humbug from 3.30pm.
Other highlights will include an ensemble percussion workshop from 3.30pm on Monday, DJing from the Utter Rap crew on Tuesday and Music Hall-style Christmas songs by Allcock and Brown on Wednesday.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden great-grandad celebrates 100th birthday
To reserve a place on the workshops contact Melissa or Grae at email@example.com, call 01727 827667 or drop in on the day.
Mulled wine and cookies will be on offer at Bar Humbug during the opening period.