St Albans market shoppers treated to Superstars
HIGH-energy entertainment broke out in the middle of market day on Saturday when 50 performers from St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) burst into song and dance routines.
Members of SAOS performed musical numbers from the Andrew Lloyd Webber smash hit, Jesus Christ Superstar including the eponymous song and What’s the Buzz.
It followed months of rehearsals and hard work and was intended to give the St Albans shopping public a sneak preview of what they can expect in the show which is being performed at the Alban Arena next month.
The stunt took place outside the Town Hall with the lead roles taking to the balcony above to sing What’s the Buzz and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Director of the production, Lynda Dyne, said: “We are extremely excited to be producing this wonderful rock opera in St Albans as it is so rarely released by the licence holders.
You may also want to watch:
“Jesus Christ Superstar has got so much energy and emotion in the music that we are all enthralled by it, event rehearsals have become a spine-tingling experience.
The show is being performed in SAOS’s diamond jubilee year and it can be seen from November 9 to 13 with evening performances at 7.45pm and a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Tickets can be obtained by calling 01727 844488 or go to www,alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End