St Albans market shoppers treated to Superstars
HIGH-energy entertainment broke out in the middle of market day on Saturday when 50 performers from St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) burst into song and dance routines.
Members of SAOS performed musical numbers from the Andrew Lloyd Webber smash hit, Jesus Christ Superstar including the eponymous song and What’s the Buzz.
It followed months of rehearsals and hard work and was intended to give the St Albans shopping public a sneak preview of what they can expect in the show which is being performed at the Alban Arena next month.
The stunt took place outside the Town Hall with the lead roles taking to the balcony above to sing What’s the Buzz and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Director of the production, Lynda Dyne, said: “We are extremely excited to be producing this wonderful rock opera in St Albans as it is so rarely released by the licence holders.
You may also want to watch:
“Jesus Christ Superstar has got so much energy and emotion in the music that we are all enthralled by it, event rehearsals have become a spine-tingling experience.
The show is being performed in SAOS’s diamond jubilee year and it can be seen from November 9 to 13 with evening performances at 7.45pm and a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Tickets can be obtained by calling 01727 844488 or go to www,alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid