St Albans man putting the spotlight on Next Stage
LIFE is pretty busy for Russell Scott, who is chorus director of the Next Stage Choir in St Albans.
For in his professional role, he runs a project called New Talent Spotlight which aims to give opportunities to emerging professional performers from the world of musical theatre.
And next month the company is putting on its first West End Charity Gala at the Leicester Square Theatre in aid of the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability.
It will feature a cast of emerging professionals – four of the six soloists are making their debut – together with special guests including the West End Gospel Choir.
Russell, who has directed the Next Stage Choir for the past two years, writes and produces his own shows which are primarily performed in London.
In 2010, New Talent Spotlight received standing ovations at Pizza on the Park for An Evening of Bricusse and Wildhorn which was supported by the lyricist and composer Leslie Bricusse himself.
Since then Russell has written and produced five more shows, including An Evening of Johnny Mercer, An Evening of Don Black and most recently, An Evening of Tim Rice – all of which sold out.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
The Next Stage Choir, which is open to singers and non-singers, is based at the Trestle Arts Base in St Albans and was the opening act at last year’s St Albans Festival. This year the choir has performed at Larks in the Parks.
Further details about New Talent Spotlight can be found at www.newtalentspotlight.com