St Albans Jazz Ensemble at the Abbey Theatre
- Credit: Archant
STAJE (St Albans Jazz Ensemble) are once again performing at St Albans Abbey Theatre next Thursday, April 17.
The band’s tri-annual concerts are attracting a strong following of local jazz enthusiasts and concert-goers alike.
Director Andy Baddaley has been hard at work putting together new arrangements for the Easter gig and commented: “We always aim to showcase some of the best musical talent in the local area, both in terms of instrumentalists and vocalists. We love to play a variety of different styles within the broad spectrum of jazz; from swing and blues to jazz-funk, Latin and soul.
“Our concert will also feature some original composition from members of the band including an exciting new Indian-infused jazz piece written by one of our flautists, Rosie Stano.”
Vocalists will include Kat Deal, Lydia Haynes, duettists Craig ‘Golden’ Garrett and Emma Brown as well as Dominic Reeks.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about STAJE and their programme of concerts, visit the website www.staje.co.uk
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25