St Albans is calling...
ST Albans Calling, a community music project conceived and spearheaded by local singer/songwriter Lori West, is seeking business angels and musicians.
They are needed to participate in the creation of a music album of original songs, all written and performed by St Albans artists.
In order to get the project up and running, Lori is seeking the participation of artists for song submission and local businesses for sponsorship. She is looking to raise �6,000 to cover the album production and marketing costs.
The aim of the album, scheduled for launch with a live performance on Remembrance Day, November 11, is to celebrate St Albans through music and to showcase the rich musical talent that the city has to offer. Proceeds from the album sales will be split between the participating artists and local charities.
Lori said, “I’ve lived in St Albans for eight years and I think it’s a great city. One of the aspects of life in St Albans that attracted me was the breadth and depth of the musical talent, which is pretty extraordinary for a city this size.
“I felt it was time to gather this talent together and present it to the community in an accessible way. The idea of St Albans Calling was born.”
For artists wishing to submit songs for consideration, the closing date is Friday, October 5. All submissions and sponsorship proposals can be sent to email@example.com.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Lori has also created a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/StAlbansCalling, and a Twitter feed, @stalbanscalling, to keep the community regularly informed of developments.
She added: “It would be great to have enthusiastic local support on a day when the community comes together to remember those who fought for our freedom. Details of the launch will be forthcoming in the next few weeks. It will be a day for all the family, and everyone is cordially invited.”