St Albans International Organ Festival hosting Ann Elise Smoot
INTERNATIONAL recitalist and teacher Ann Elise Smoot is putting on the next recital in the current International Organ Festival Society’s concert series.
It is being held at 5.30pm next Saturday, October 13, in St Peter’s Church, St Albans.
Ann Elise studied organ and harpsichord at the Royal Academy of Music and with Peter Hurford and Dame Gillian Weir.
Her recital career was launched by success in major competitions including third prize at St Albans and first prize in the American Guild of Organist’s National Young Artist competition. She performs throughout the United States, Great Britain and Europe and writes articles for many music and organ related publications.
Ann Elise co-founded the London Organ Forum, an annual study day combining academic research and live performances, which aims to encourage organists to look at their repertoire in a wider musical context.
You may also want to watch:
She is on the professorial staff of Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and for 15 years was director of the St Giles Junior Organ Conservatoire.
Her programme for the recital includes music by Stanford, Byrd, Jehan Alain, B�hm, Franz Schmidt and Bach.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
Entrance to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. After the recital the audience will have an opportunity to meet the soloist.
Full details of all the concerts in the 2012-13 series can be found at organfestival.com