St Albans International Organ Festival hosting Ann Elise Smoot
INTERNATIONAL recitalist and teacher Ann Elise Smoot is putting on the next recital in the current International Organ Festival Society’s concert series.
It is being held at 5.30pm next Saturday, October 13, in St Peter’s Church, St Albans.
Ann Elise studied organ and harpsichord at the Royal Academy of Music and with Peter Hurford and Dame Gillian Weir.
Her recital career was launched by success in major competitions including third prize at St Albans and first prize in the American Guild of Organist’s National Young Artist competition. She performs throughout the United States, Great Britain and Europe and writes articles for many music and organ related publications.
Ann Elise co-founded the London Organ Forum, an annual study day combining academic research and live performances, which aims to encourage organists to look at their repertoire in a wider musical context.
You may also want to watch:
She is on the professorial staff of Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and for 15 years was director of the St Giles Junior Organ Conservatoire.
Her programme for the recital includes music by Stanford, Byrd, Jehan Alain, B�hm, Franz Schmidt and Bach.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Entrance to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. After the recital the audience will have an opportunity to meet the soloist.
Full details of all the concerts in the 2012-13 series can be found at organfestival.com