St Albans International Organ Festival hosting Ann Elise Smoot
INTERNATIONAL recitalist and teacher Ann Elise Smoot is putting on the next recital in the current International Organ Festival Society’s concert series.
It is being held at 5.30pm next Saturday, October 13, in St Peter’s Church, St Albans.
Ann Elise studied organ and harpsichord at the Royal Academy of Music and with Peter Hurford and Dame Gillian Weir.
Her recital career was launched by success in major competitions including third prize at St Albans and first prize in the American Guild of Organist’s National Young Artist competition. She performs throughout the United States, Great Britain and Europe and writes articles for many music and organ related publications.
Ann Elise co-founded the London Organ Forum, an annual study day combining academic research and live performances, which aims to encourage organists to look at their repertoire in a wider musical context.
You may also want to watch:
She is on the professorial staff of Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and for 15 years was director of the St Giles Junior Organ Conservatoire.
Her programme for the recital includes music by Stanford, Byrd, Jehan Alain, B�hm, Franz Schmidt and Bach.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
Entrance to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. After the recital the audience will have an opportunity to meet the soloist.
Full details of all the concerts in the 2012-13 series can be found at organfestival.com