St Albans Gang Show ready to go
- Credit: Archant
CAST members of the St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show are putting the finishing touches to their dance routines, songs and sketches before the curtain goes up next week.
There are more than 25 dance routines in the 34th annual show that the 112-strong cast, aged from 11 to 25, have had to master during four months of rehearsal.
The show has a new director this year, Hermione Clulow, who said: “The exact content of the show is under wraps, but the music includes songs from Muse, Stevie Wonder, Take That, Rihanna, Fred Astaire, Supergrass and Les Mis – all played live by the Gang Show band.”
Younger and older cast members have their own musical number in this year’s show which allows the different age groups to show off their different strengths in singing and dancing.
It’s the first show for Scout Josef Berryman, who will be 12 on the last day of the production. He said he was excited but nervous about the show: “Being in the show has been great. I’ve made a lot of friends, had a lot of fun and learned a lot of stuff.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will play to about 4,000 people during five performances at the Alban Arena, beginning next Wednesday, February 13, and ending on Saturday 16 February.
All tickets sold out as soon as the box office opened and there is a waiting list for returns.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared