St Albans Gang Show ready to go
- Credit: Archant
CAST members of the St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show are putting the finishing touches to their dance routines, songs and sketches before the curtain goes up next week.
There are more than 25 dance routines in the 34th annual show that the 112-strong cast, aged from 11 to 25, have had to master during four months of rehearsal.
The show has a new director this year, Hermione Clulow, who said: “The exact content of the show is under wraps, but the music includes songs from Muse, Stevie Wonder, Take That, Rihanna, Fred Astaire, Supergrass and Les Mis – all played live by the Gang Show band.”
Younger and older cast members have their own musical number in this year’s show which allows the different age groups to show off their different strengths in singing and dancing.
It’s the first show for Scout Josef Berryman, who will be 12 on the last day of the production. He said he was excited but nervous about the show: “Being in the show has been great. I’ve made a lot of friends, had a lot of fun and learned a lot of stuff.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will play to about 4,000 people during five performances at the Alban Arena, beginning next Wednesday, February 13, and ending on Saturday 16 February.
All tickets sold out as soon as the box office opened and there is a waiting list for returns.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly