St Albans’ Elvis Shmelvis performs with Queen’s Brian May
- Credit: Archant
Elvis tribute artist Elvis Shmelvis performed alongside Queen guitarist Brian May at a special rock festival in Guildford last week.
Shmelvis, aka Martyn Dias of Chiswell Green, performed a dozen Presley hits inside the nave of the city’s cathedral during the event, Wildlife Rocks.
After leaving the stage, Shmelvis said: “That was absolutely brilliant. I have known and worked with Brian before but never inside such a beautiful and historic setting. The audience were great too.”
In addition, Brian May performed several duets with West End star Kerry Ellis. The pair have toured the UK with their show supporting wildlife charity Born Free, which came to the Alban Arena last year.
Brian was quick to commend Elvis Shmelvis’s performance, saying he had ‘an amazing voice.’
You may also want to watch:
Also appearing were The Troggs, Katrina from The Waves and Hawkwind, with Born Free crusader Virginia McKenna among the speakers.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season