St Albans’ Elvis Shmelvis performs with Queen’s Brian May
- Credit: Archant
Elvis tribute artist Elvis Shmelvis performed alongside Queen guitarist Brian May at a special rock festival in Guildford last week.
Shmelvis, aka Martyn Dias of Chiswell Green, performed a dozen Presley hits inside the nave of the city’s cathedral during the event, Wildlife Rocks.
After leaving the stage, Shmelvis said: “That was absolutely brilliant. I have known and worked with Brian before but never inside such a beautiful and historic setting. The audience were great too.”
In addition, Brian May performed several duets with West End star Kerry Ellis. The pair have toured the UK with their show supporting wildlife charity Born Free, which came to the Alban Arena last year.
Brian was quick to commend Elvis Shmelvis’s performance, saying he had ‘an amazing voice.’
You may also want to watch:
Also appearing were The Troggs, Katrina from The Waves and Hawkwind, with Born Free crusader Virginia McKenna among the speakers.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden