St Albans’ Elvis Shmelvis performs with Queen’s Brian May
- Credit: Archant
Elvis tribute artist Elvis Shmelvis performed alongside Queen guitarist Brian May at a special rock festival in Guildford last week.
Shmelvis, aka Martyn Dias of Chiswell Green, performed a dozen Presley hits inside the nave of the city’s cathedral during the event, Wildlife Rocks.
After leaving the stage, Shmelvis said: “That was absolutely brilliant. I have known and worked with Brian before but never inside such a beautiful and historic setting. The audience were great too.”
In addition, Brian May performed several duets with West End star Kerry Ellis. The pair have toured the UK with their show supporting wildlife charity Born Free, which came to the Alban Arena last year.
Brian was quick to commend Elvis Shmelvis’s performance, saying he had ‘an amazing voice.’
Also appearing were The Troggs, Katrina from The Waves and Hawkwind, with Born Free crusader Virginia McKenna among the speakers.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023