St Albans drama school joins cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Credit: Archant
Students at a St Albans drama school know all about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which is opening in local cinemas tomorrow. (18)
For 30 students of Theatrix have been working as actors on the new Eddie Redmayne film, for the past year at Lavesden and Caddington Studios
The movie is a Harry Potter spin-off based on a book written 70 years before the boy wizard went to Hogwarts.
The Theatrix students, aged from eight to 18, play a wide range of background parts - from street urchins to ice skaters to ocean liner passengers. Before getting on camera they also attended casting, costume fitting and hairdressing and make-up sessions.
One girl student was in a scene with Eddie Redmayne himself and an older boy found himself helping the director.
You may also want to watch:
Theatrix principal Rosemarie Partridge said, “Over the years Theatrix has formed a strong professional relationship with the people responsible for Warner Brothers casting. This has enabled us to give our students brilliant opportunities to work in the film world at the highest level.
“The paid work has also given our students a taste of what it takes to be a professional. It has been a fantastically enjoyable and rewarding experience for them all.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans