St Albans drama school joins cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Credit: Archant
Students at a St Albans drama school know all about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which is opening in local cinemas tomorrow. (18)
For 30 students of Theatrix have been working as actors on the new Eddie Redmayne film, for the past year at Lavesden and Caddington Studios
The movie is a Harry Potter spin-off based on a book written 70 years before the boy wizard went to Hogwarts.
The Theatrix students, aged from eight to 18, play a wide range of background parts - from street urchins to ice skaters to ocean liner passengers. Before getting on camera they also attended casting, costume fitting and hairdressing and make-up sessions.
One girl student was in a scene with Eddie Redmayne himself and an older boy found himself helping the director.
Theatrix principal Rosemarie Partridge said, “Over the years Theatrix has formed a strong professional relationship with the people responsible for Warner Brothers casting. This has enabled us to give our students brilliant opportunities to work in the film world at the highest level.
“The paid work has also given our students a taste of what it takes to be a professional. It has been a fantastically enjoyable and rewarding experience for them all.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area