St Albans drama school joins cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Credit: Archant
Students at a St Albans drama school know all about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which is opening in local cinemas tomorrow. (18)
For 30 students of Theatrix have been working as actors on the new Eddie Redmayne film, for the past year at Lavesden and Caddington Studios
The movie is a Harry Potter spin-off based on a book written 70 years before the boy wizard went to Hogwarts.
The Theatrix students, aged from eight to 18, play a wide range of background parts - from street urchins to ice skaters to ocean liner passengers. Before getting on camera they also attended casting, costume fitting and hairdressing and make-up sessions.
One girl student was in a scene with Eddie Redmayne himself and an older boy found himself helping the director.
You may also want to watch:
Theatrix principal Rosemarie Partridge said, “Over the years Theatrix has formed a strong professional relationship with the people responsible for Warner Brothers casting. This has enabled us to give our students brilliant opportunities to work in the film world at the highest level.
“The paid work has also given our students a taste of what it takes to be a professional. It has been a fantastically enjoyable and rewarding experience for them all.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters