St Albans doctor in concert
- Credit: Archant
ST Albans GP and bass soloist Dr Julian Godlee will be performing jazz and classics with top cellist Herre Jan Stegenga at a concert next Saturday, July 13.
It is being held at 8pm at St Nicholas Church in Great Munden near Ware and is to raise funds for the charity HomeStart St Albans of which Dr Godlee is a patron.
Dr Godlee and Herre Jan, a foremost cello virtuosi in Holland, are brothers-in-law and have shared the platform on many occasions.
Dr Godlee, who is known by many for his links with Brocket Consort, will be accompanied by Nigel Yandell, and joining them in the performance will be Herre Jan’s wife Beverley Lunt playing violin.
Herre Jan is principle cellist in the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra of which Beverley is deputy leader. They will perform Brahms String Trio in B Major.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Godlee will be singing Beethoven’s song cycle An Die Ferne Geliebte.
The concert will finish with jazz songs arranged for voice, violin and cello with all the performers in ensemble.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Tickets are £19, which includes a glass of wine on arrival, and they are available on 01438 869334 or email email@example.com