St Albans doctor in concert
- Credit: Archant
ST Albans GP and bass soloist Dr Julian Godlee will be performing jazz and classics with top cellist Herre Jan Stegenga at a concert next Saturday, July 13.
It is being held at 8pm at St Nicholas Church in Great Munden near Ware and is to raise funds for the charity HomeStart St Albans of which Dr Godlee is a patron.
Dr Godlee and Herre Jan, a foremost cello virtuosi in Holland, are brothers-in-law and have shared the platform on many occasions.
Dr Godlee, who is known by many for his links with Brocket Consort, will be accompanied by Nigel Yandell, and joining them in the performance will be Herre Jan’s wife Beverley Lunt playing violin.
Herre Jan is principle cellist in the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra of which Beverley is deputy leader. They will perform Brahms String Trio in B Major.
Dr Godlee will be singing Beethoven’s song cycle An Die Ferne Geliebte.
The concert will finish with jazz songs arranged for voice, violin and cello with all the performers in ensemble.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
Tickets are £19, which includes a glass of wine on arrival, and they are available on 01438 869334 or email email@example.com