St Albans doctor in concert
- Credit: Archant
ST Albans GP and bass soloist Dr Julian Godlee will be performing jazz and classics with top cellist Herre Jan Stegenga at a concert next Saturday, July 13.
It is being held at 8pm at St Nicholas Church in Great Munden near Ware and is to raise funds for the charity HomeStart St Albans of which Dr Godlee is a patron.
Dr Godlee and Herre Jan, a foremost cello virtuosi in Holland, are brothers-in-law and have shared the platform on many occasions.
Dr Godlee, who is known by many for his links with Brocket Consort, will be accompanied by Nigel Yandell, and joining them in the performance will be Herre Jan’s wife Beverley Lunt playing violin.
Herre Jan is principle cellist in the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra of which Beverley is deputy leader. They will perform Brahms String Trio in B Major.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Godlee will be singing Beethoven’s song cycle An Die Ferne Geliebte.
The concert will finish with jazz songs arranged for voice, violin and cello with all the performers in ensemble.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
Tickets are £19, which includes a glass of wine on arrival, and they are available on 01438 869334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org