St Albans’ Company of Ten present Happy Now?
THE COMPANY of Ten presents Happy Now? from next Friday (October 7).
The dark comedy runs until October 15 and tells the story of a married couple as they try to juggle their busy careers along with their personal life and familial responsibilities.
Written by Lucina Coxon, Happy Now? captures the plight of a working mother and the audience can only watch as Kitty and Johnny fall into the traps of 21st-Century family life.
Happy Now? opened on the National Theatre’s Cottesloe stage in 2008 and the Abbey Theatre hopes to recreate the same intimacy with its studio setting.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk Shows start at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
n The district’s youngsters are being invited to indulge their love of musical theatre and audition for St Albans Youth Music Theatre’s next production, Honk!
Those aged 11-16 are invited to auditions which are taking place this Saturday (October 1) at the Abbey Theatre from 2pm-5pm.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
To find out more, contact Sally Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org