St Albans comedy club hosts Edinburgh Fringe previews
TWO full-length Edinburgh Fringe shows will be staged at St Albans’ longest-running comedy club at the Waterend Barn next Monday, June 20.
Phil Nichol, making his first appearance in St Albans, and Jeff Leach, who is about to launch his follow-up Edinburgh show, are appearing at Funny First Mondays.
Phil has become something of an Edinburgh legend for his unique performing skills. The Canadian comic has won too many comedy awards to count and he is also an acclaimed actor, presenter, writer, producer and musician.
He has appeared to great acclaim on the Graham Norton Show and will be giving a special preview of his Edinburgh show.
Jeff won a five-star review in Three Weeks, the major Fringe reviewer, for last year’s Edinburgh show. In the last couple of years he has presented such TV shows as Comic Relief, Big Brother’s Big Mouth and T in the Park Festival but his first love is live comedy.
You may also want to watch:
He has recently been touring the UK, sharing his twisted world in the name of comedy.
Monday’s show begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area