St Albans comedy club hosts Edinburgh Fringe previews
TWO full-length Edinburgh Fringe shows will be staged at St Albans’ longest-running comedy club at the Waterend Barn next Monday, June 20.
Phil Nichol, making his first appearance in St Albans, and Jeff Leach, who is about to launch his follow-up Edinburgh show, are appearing at Funny First Mondays.
Phil has become something of an Edinburgh legend for his unique performing skills. The Canadian comic has won too many comedy awards to count and he is also an acclaimed actor, presenter, writer, producer and musician.
He has appeared to great acclaim on the Graham Norton Show and will be giving a special preview of his Edinburgh show.
Jeff won a five-star review in Three Weeks, the major Fringe reviewer, for last year’s Edinburgh show. In the last couple of years he has presented such TV shows as Comic Relief, Big Brother’s Big Mouth and T in the Park Festival but his first love is live comedy.
You may also want to watch:
He has recently been touring the UK, sharing his twisted world in the name of comedy.
Monday’s show begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans