St Albans comedy club goes twice a month
FUNNY First Mondays has not only moved to St Albans Town Hall but it will be staging two complete comedy shows each month at the new venue.
The first show this month is next Monday, October 4, with a line-up led by Edward Aczel of whom club host and organiser Mike Manera said his deadpan delivery could reduce a room to hysterics without telling a single joke.
He will be joined by Del Strain, described as rather like Trainspotting’s Begby doing stand-up, Andrea Hubert who was the runner up in this year’s Laughing Horse awards and Christian Shulte-Loh whose show Stop Laughing, I am German, was a Fringe sell-out.
Mike, who will act as MC, added: ”The other big news is that the club is now going twice monthly with the addition of Funny First Mondays Extra, usually on the third Monday of the month but see the website for details.”
Next week’s show starts at 8pm and admission is �8, available on the door, online from We’ve Got Tickets or by calling 07954 835686.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public