St Albans comedy club goes twice a month
FUNNY First Mondays has not only moved to St Albans Town Hall but it will be staging two complete comedy shows each month at the new venue.
The first show this month is next Monday, October 4, with a line-up led by Edward Aczel of whom club host and organiser Mike Manera said his deadpan delivery could reduce a room to hysterics without telling a single joke.
He will be joined by Del Strain, described as rather like Trainspotting’s Begby doing stand-up, Andrea Hubert who was the runner up in this year’s Laughing Horse awards and Christian Shulte-Loh whose show Stop Laughing, I am German, was a Fringe sell-out.
Mike, who will act as MC, added: ”The other big news is that the club is now going twice monthly with the addition of Funny First Mondays Extra, usually on the third Monday of the month but see the website for details.”
Next week’s show starts at 8pm and admission is �8, available on the door, online from We’ve Got Tickets or by calling 07954 835686.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans