St Albans Choral Society Christmas concert
- Credit: Archant
A number of treats are in store when St Albans Choral Society gives a festive concert of Christmas music, carols and entertaining readings at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
Rising young baritone Henry Manning, who is in demand as an opera singer and concert recitalist across the UK and Europe, will sing solos in Vaughan Williams’ Fantasia on Christmas Carols, Bob Chilcott’s O Little Town and Harold Darke’s In the Bleak Mid-Winter.
Adding to the enjoyment at this ever-popular family concert will be the choir of Fleetville Junior School, who will perform a variety of Christmas songs.
The Choral Society, conducted by George Vass and accompanied on the organ by Richard Harvey, will also sing Britten’s Hymn to the Virgin, Poulenc’s motet Hodie Christus natus est, and Sleep, Holy Babe by composer Alexander Campkin, who will be in the audience.
There will be an opportunity for concert-goers to join in with some of the most popular carols, such as Good King Wenceslas.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a wonderful heart-warming evening to get people in the mood for Christmas,” said Mr Vass. “It always brings in a capacity audience so we’d urge people to buy their tickets now.”
The performance is on Sunday, December 15, at 7pm and tickets are available at £13 (£1 for children) from SACS Ticket Line on 07884 231958 or online at allaboutstalbans.com
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden