St Albans Chamber Opera chorus in the spotlight at Abbey Theatre
SO proud is St Albans Chamber Opera of the talented singers in its chorus that they are being given a chance to shine as individuals in the Abbey Theatre Studio next week.
Over the years the chorus has sung, danced and acted in operas by Purcell, Monteverdi, Mozart, Donizetti, Rossini, Tchaikovsky, Puccini, Offenbach, Sullivan and Britten as well as playing anything from Russian, Italian and Peruvian peasants to eunuchs and sailors.
As well as memorising so much music, learning the moves and wearing the costumes, they also help build and dismantle sets, paint, sew, provide occasional props and clean the dressing rooms at the end of a run.
Viva the Chorus! can be seen at 8pm next Thursday and Friday, October 20 and 21, in the Studio alongside the theatre at Westminster Lodge, St Albans.
Using a few props, bits of costume and their own talents, they will be performing a varied programme conducted by David Ireson and accompanied by Alex Flood.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, available on 01727 857861.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall