St Albans Chamber Choir celebrating 40 years of harmony
FORTY years of musical partnership will be celebrated by St Albans Chamber Choir and Wormser Kantorei this Easter. The two choirs meet every other year to perform alternately here and in Worms – this year s meeting in Germany will be their 21st and the fi
FORTY years of musical partnership will be celebrated by St Albans Chamber Choir and Wormser Kantorei this Easter.
The two choirs meet every other year to perform alternately here and in Worms - this year's meeting in Germany will be their 21st and the first with the Chamber Choir's current conductor John Gibbons.
Ralph Penny, chairman of the chamber choir, said: "We are very proud of our long association with the Wormser Kantorei - it has long been a very special aspect of the choir's life and is proof of how music can unite people across different languages and cultures.
"It is especially gratifying to be marking the 40th anniversary of this musical partnership in our own 50th anniversary season, making this visit a double celebration."
You may also want to watch:
The two choirs will be performing a programme of both German and English pieces including Schubert's incidental music for Rosamunde, Brahms' Liebeslieder-Walzer, George Dyson's In Honour of the City and Vaughan Williams' Toward the Unknown Region.
The concert in the Trinity Church will include Sea Pictures by Elgar and the Chamber Choir will also be performing a showcase concert of unaccompanied music in the famous Liebfrauenkirche in Worms.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans