The Great Survivor Tour launches at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: St Albans Cathedral
A new outside tour within the grounds of St Albans Cathedral launches next week.
The Great Survivor Tour is an exterior tour of the historic Cathedral and its grounds.
Stephen Da Silva, chairman of the guides, said: “Visitors will walk the outline of the Cathedral in the company of one of our experienced guides.
“They will stand on the hillside where Alban, Britain’s first Saint, was martyred and discover how Alban’s church has survived revolt, collapse and decay.”
You will hear stories of monks, martyrs, parishioners, Victorian restorers, royals and archbishops.
You may also want to watch:
Tours will run weekly at 2.30pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout August and September, no matter the weather.
The first tour starts on Wednesday, August 19 at 2.30pm.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 7 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
Tours are limited to 12 people per tour – six per guide – and must be booked online in advance.
To book visit www.stalbanscathedral.org/Event/the-great-survivor-tour
The tour costs £7 adults, £6 concessions and £3 children under 16.
It is free for under-fives.