The Great Survivor Tour launches at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: St Albans Cathedral
A new outside tour within the grounds of St Albans Cathedral launches next week.
The Great Survivor Tour is an exterior tour of the historic Cathedral and its grounds.
Stephen Da Silva, chairman of the guides, said: “Visitors will walk the outline of the Cathedral in the company of one of our experienced guides.
“They will stand on the hillside where Alban, Britain’s first Saint, was martyred and discover how Alban’s church has survived revolt, collapse and decay.”
You will hear stories of monks, martyrs, parishioners, Victorian restorers, royals and archbishops.
You may also want to watch:
Tours will run weekly at 2.30pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout August and September, no matter the weather.
The first tour starts on Wednesday, August 19 at 2.30pm.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
Tours are limited to 12 people per tour – six per guide – and must be booked online in advance.
To book visit www.stalbanscathedral.org/Event/the-great-survivor-tour
The tour costs £7 adults, £6 concessions and £3 children under 16.
It is free for under-fives.