St Albans boy starring in The Sound of Music
- Credit: Archant
SWAPPING the hills of St Albans for the hills of Salzburg this summer is talented 11-year-old Fin Banks.
The pupil of Verulam School, St Albans, is performing in the Sound of Music at Regents Park – his second appearance at the London open air theatre.
Last year he appeared in Ragtime The Musical and this summer he is on stage as Friedrich in The Sound of Music which runs until September 7 with some shows already sold out.
Fin said: “I love being in a musical – it’s great fun. I just hope it is sunny on the days of my performances.”
Talent clearly runs in the family. Fin’s sister Asha has also been in a West End show, playing young Eponine in Les Miserables in Shaftesbury Avenue in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
Both children are signed up to Top Talent Agency where founder Warren Bacci said: “Fin has done amazingly well to get his second West End show. West End shows are particularly difficult to get because you have to be able to act, dance and sing, and the standards are extremely high. All of us at Top Talent are very proud of Fin’s achievements. Hertfordshire, and St Albans in particular, seems to have so many talented children.”
Top Talent is running an audition at The Forum, Hatfield, next Sunday, August 18. For further details go to the website http://www.toptalentagency.co.uk/
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works